5 Down....19 to Go?

 Hey yall, this week was an awesome week, it consisted Transfers, 5 months, and miracles. This Week's review is a good one and you ain't gonna wanna miss it. So find a seat, a drink and enjoy this Week's of Elder Bennetts Shenanigans in California!!!

But real Quick here is 5 random facts about Elder Bennett 
1- I hate Sparkling Water
2- I love drawing Contruction Equipment
3- I learned to drive a Manual in a 2007 Ford F-350. 
4- I hate when I'm working and everyone else is standing around doing nothing.
5- I don't like eating Fish. But I love catching them (Don't stress, I put then back in the lake after u catch them so someone else can enjoy it.)

4/15- 20th? P-DAY!! We started out with going to the store and shopping. We then went to the Mission office to pick some things up and it was lit. We then went to the other church building and had our p-day. I didn't do much, I just played the piano and Organ. I also called the family and honestly just hung out. We then came home and had dinner then made some contacts. We also stopped at our Sierra views WMLs house. We then came home and went to bed.

4/16- We started out the day with cleaning the apartment. We then had our apartment inspection, we of course passed with flying colors. We then went to our service project, it was so much fun. We dug in the dirt, we were looking for a drain pipe. We found it and found that it was cracked. We then helped her dig out a busted sprinkler Box. I taught the lady that it wasn't super hard. I have dug many boxes out before so it was simple. I had mud all over me. The ladies name is sister Collins and she also fed us lunch. We signed her table that she uses when we come over and eat. Basically back story on why that is. Sister Collins is a single lady, and us elders aren't allowed to be in her house. So when we come over for food, we have food outside. But anyway, we then came home and changed and went to a lesson at the church. It went super well, we then came home and did some “Office things” taken care of. The other elders then came over to stay the night since transfer Boards come out tomorrow. We played card games with them and then went to bed.

4/17- We woke up today to Transfer News, and well folks, I'm staying here for another 7 week transfer. And actually everyone in this zone is staying here. Nobody really moved around, 1 Dude left and we got another sister and that's it. We got ready for the day and then went to the District Council. We were early so I played around on the Organ and piano. Elder Pattee joined me, I love him so much. We had our DC and it was awesome, we talked about becoming more Consecrated missionaries. We then went to Panda for lunch because it's the last DC of the transfer. We came home and went to visit a dude named Tim, who is super hard to get in contact with. Well he was asleep so we didn't talk to him😢. But I had a prompting to ride to the very top of our area which is a 25 minute bike ride from where we were at. So we biked up there and tried to visit a referral we got. They said they would call so hopefully they do. We made some more contacts with formers, (people who were taught in the past). We were in a trailer park, a nice one. I was honestly surprised. We were leaving a lady's house and I turned instead of going straight to exit the place. Well we started biking and a guy waved us down. We started talking to him, he was genuinely interested. His name is Don. He had been looking for us, for like 9 years. But we hardly go up there, because it's a long ride. We invited him to church and everything, he was first skeptical about it since he struggles with a few things. I told him it's okay, and I worked my magic and testified. He said “fine you got me, I will be there on sunday”. So hopefully he comes. But let's just look at this crazy thing that happened, it's nothing but promptings and miracles. We went to an area we don't ever go, we turned down the “wrong” street. And we found a guy who had been looking for us for almost 10 years. We started biking back to our other contacts we had in our schedule. On the way we passed a lady doing yard work, I slammed on my brakes and drifted around. We offered service and she was confused why 2 guys in church clothes were offering service. She accepted and so we pulled weeds for like an hour and got to know her. She was also kind of interested as well. Anyway we had our dinner appointment with Heather and it was lit. We came home and went to bed. So moral of the day, God is Real and he puts people in our paths at the right time. 

4/18- Another amazing day in the books, we started out with the normal things. We did some facebook work, one thing I did while I was on facebook was post a service ad on the ward pages. As soon as I did, it blew up. I had people messaging me constantly. We then went to Sister Collins house again and continued to help her out with her projects she has going on. While we were there, she had plumbers over working on the sewer pipes. I started talking to one of them, and he was an inactive member. We invited him to church so hopefully he comes. We then went to another service project and we helped put a fence back together and helped them get their camp trailer ready to go for the weekend. We then biked to our dinner appointment with Brian Carrol. Yes, we wore our dirty service clothes to dinner. But in our defense, we didn't have time to go back home and change. Food was good, and then we did our scripture Study. We then came home and did our nightly stuff and went to bed.

4/19- Today was a pretty good day, we started with the morning routines of studies and getting ready for the day. We did some facebook work and had lunch. After lunch we went to the church building to do weekly planning. In 2 hours we only got 1 part of planning done, since we have so much work going on which is awesome. We went to Sister Brooks house and talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it's a lesson we teach that basically talks about Baptism, repenting, and you know that stuff. We then went back to our apartment and a member brought us Rasing Canes for dinner. Which is awesome because the location is out of our mission by 2 blocks. After dinner we changed to play soccer. We played soccer with other Missionaries and youth, it's like the sportnight in Loomis if you remember that when i was up there. I had lots of fun, I also learned I get aggressive and I love to push people around and play dirty. But hey I want the ball and I don't want you to have it. At one point a kid had the ball and I wanted to steal it, so I put my leg out to kick the ball away from him. So let's just say the plan didn't work and we both tripped and fell, and it ended with both us ending the game and night with bruised sore shins. Anyway, we came back home and hung out with Henniger and Bryant. Then we went to bed.

4/20- Today was a day full of service, we started off with doing weed pulling and the lady cooked us some fire food. We then went to another member's house and put in a French drain kind of thing. I did plenty of drain installs so I was pretty much a pro at it. They made pizza with Shrimp and it was pretty good. that took like our whole day. We then went to our dinner which was awesome. Nothing to crazy just working hard.

4/21- Today was church and nothing crazy really, we went to our dinner and on the way there, I managed to get a Cauter pin in my tire. And it obviously popped my tire, so that's always great. We then had a fireside which talked about missionary work and it was great. President Abinante who is the 1st counselor in the mission was there and spoke. We then went to the other elders house and hung out with them while being on a mission wide zoom call. Nothing g to crazy again.

So as you can see this week was a good one, it went by super fast and we had some crazy things happen. I just want you to know that I am loving my mission, I've seen so many miracles and awesome things. I love God and Jesus, I love serving the people of Northern California. Biking on the roads is still scary but we talk to so many people on our bikes. Anywho, you're awesome, GOD loves you, and peace out see you next week. 

Enjoy the pics 📸 🤪
1. The Cauter pin that got my tire
2. Me with this cute dog
3. Us with Brian Carroll
4. Antelope Stake elders
5. National look alike day
6. Service project with drain
7. Crazy lunch which was crazy good








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NO toilet paper and being quarantined!😷

New People and Super Fat Dogs

There's a Mouse! And I'm in Jail!